If you have a new puppy, congratulations! Bringing a new life into the world is always a special moment. As with all new things, there are challenges that come with raising a puppy. One of the most important things to teach your pup early on is how to use the bathroom correctly. This can be a daunting task, but with our easy 7-step guide, it will be a breeze!
The first step is to get your puppy comfortable with the pads. Place them in various locations around the house and let your pup explore them. Once they seem familiar with the pads, it’s time to start training!
Here are the next steps:
- Choose a command phrase that you will use every time you take your pup to the pad, such as “go potty.”
- Whenever you take your pup to the pad, use the command phrase and praise them when they go.
- If your pup has an accident, clean it up immediately and do not scold them. Puppies are very sensitive and this could cause them to be afraid of using the pads.
- Be consistent with taking your pup to the pad and using the command phrase. They will learn quickly if you are consistent!
- Reward your pup with treats or praise whenever they use the pads correctly. This will reinforce good behavior and help them to learn faster.
Potty training a puppy doesn’t have to be difficult! With a little patience and consistency, your pup will be using the pads like a pro in no time. Thanks for reading!
If you have any additional tips or advice, please leave them in the comments below! We would love to hear from you. Happy potty training! 🙂